lørdag 31. januar 2009

Time goes past so very fast!

It amazes me sometimes how fast times passes! Just looking at my oldest niece. She was born September 28'th 1990 at around 5 am in the morning. I was so lucky to be a part of everything that happened that night. Being in the room when she took her first breath is something so increadible - there really arent words big enough to describe the feelings. Oh ! And when she was born she was the spitting image of me!! Something my sister didnt really appreciate.. hehe
At 3 months she was christened and never has there ever been a more adorable and happy baby than her when the priest poured water on her head (at least not untill the day I have my own children - if im lucky) She also had her first haircut at 2 months. I can only wish I had as much hair as her....

When her mother got married - she was 3 years old and such a cute little flowergirl :) I had been away in the US to work for a year and hadnt seen her for all that time! It was great to come back and seeing that she still remembered me! Yay!!!


Tho sometimes you wish you could stop time just to savour every moment - it also is exciting to see them grow up and becoming a young woman. But never did I expect it to go this fast. It only reminds me that im getting older too :s Maybe thats why im getting a few grey strands of hair on my head?? Its not fair as I still feel 25 years old....


Then the big day arrived! 18 years old and according to her - a grown up! Which she showed us by deciding to get engaged with her boyfriend! Yeh starting early arent we?? ;-)
She even out grew me ! I have always been the tallest one in our family. Not any more tho - Lene is now 6 foot tall ! Its not often I have to look up to anyone and it is a weired feeling for me!
Knowing her she will also have kids of her own before me! Aaaaah.... !!!
Anyway I think time should stop for a while so I can catch up with everyting. Im feeling left behind and im not likeing that. So if anyone has any idea on how to either stop time - or turning time back - please write me a note ;-) "Hang loose"

Ingen kommentarer: